Click on any of the options in the navigation menu below for accessing to all the details of the App
StereoTAB allows to measure stereopsis at far, intermediate and near distances. It is based on a random dot test, it is required anaglyph red/green or red/cyan filters with the red in the left eye. It is compatible with Smartphones y Tablets althouth we recommend to use a tablet to profit all the possibilities of the App because for smartphones the options are reduced to measure the stereopsis at 50 cm.
01 iPAD or TABLETS. If you are using an iPad or any other tablet you will be able to measure the stereopsis at multiple distances maintaining the evaluated levels (Screening mode) or measuring Finest levels (Finest mode).
- Stereopsis screening from 0.5 m to 3 m in 0.5 m steps.
- Finest procedure at far distance for obtaining fines levels of stereoacuity than the Screening Procedure.
- Three responsive levels in the screening procedure (research purposes)
- Two patterns with smooth or square dots (research purposes)
- Use your smartphone as remote control.
02 SMARTPHONES. Can be used to measure stereopsis at 50 cm or as remote control the stereopsis test conducted with a tablet.
- Stereopsis screening at 0.5 m.
- Use your smartphone as remote control of the App installed on a tablet.
01 Configure test settings.
You can access to the Settings Layout by pressing the corresponding button at the button bar. Here you can select the distance of presentation. Two procedures are possible:
- Screening Procedure. The screening procedure is used in order to screen 10 levels of stereoacuity at the distance selected in the settings layout. A box field shows the arcsecs corresponding to these ten levels, if you increase the distance of presentation you can notice that stereoacuity levels do not change with test distance. Therefore, the stereoacuity levels are constant with distance in the Screening Procedure.
- Finest Procedure. As the tablet has a limit of stereoacuity given by pixel size you can select the finest procedure in order to screen finest values of stereopsis by increasing the distance of presentation. If you go to settings layout and you increase the distance of presentation, the Finest Box Field will show lower values of stereoacuity.
02 Return to home
You can start to check stereoacuity by pressing either Screening or Finest buttons. First consider that the patient should be at the selected distance and he/she wears the anaglyph eyeglasses (red/green or blue/cyan).
03 Measuring stereoacuity.
A random dot pattern will appear in the center of the screen with a hidden image oriented in one of four possible orientations (up, down, left or right). If the patient does not see the hidden image you should press the question mark button. On the other hand, if the patient see the hidden stimulus press the corresponding button at the button bar. A new hidden random image will appear with a lower level of stereoacuity. Continue with this procedure until the results page will appear in the screen.
04 Stereoacuity in the results screen.
The latest screen will show the threshold obtained by the observer.
In the bottom animation, you can see the exam procedure with StereoTAB for a particular case of measuring at 3 m with the Finest Procedure. If you have anaglyph eyeglasses you will able to see how the stimulus reduces its depth.
If you have the App installed on your Smartphone you can use it for measuring stereopsis by positioning the test at 50 cm from the patient. Moreover, you can also use your Smartphone as remote control of the App if both are connected to the same wifi network. The bottom image shows the main screen installed on a Smartphone. Pressing the left button you will access to the exam. For answers to the stimuli that appear you only have to slide the finger over the screen in the orientation of the aperture. Pressing the right button you will access to the settings of the Remote System. The Remote System only runs when the smartphone and the tablet are connected to the same wifi network.
The following tutorial shows how to connect the smartphone to the app installed on a tablet for using as remote control.
- Screening Stereopsis from 0.5m to 3m in 0.50m steps.
- Finest Procedure at distance to achieve lower stereoacuity than screening procedure.
- Three levels of responsiveness with Screening Procedure.
- Two patterns with square dots or smooth dots.
- Use your smartphone to control the procedure answers.
- Screening stereopsis at 0.50m
- Use your smartphone as remote control for Tablet app.